Re: oracle 8 redhat 7.2 runInstaller segmentation fault

From: Vigi98 <vigi98_at_caramail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:13:07 +0200

Don't know if it has something to do with your problem, but I solved mine with that :

This worked for me running Redhat 7.3 on Oracle9i (can't remember the exact version no.)

Versions of ld prior to version 2.11 ignored the "-z defs" flag. ld version 2.11 and later have the ability to use this flag. Because of this the
genclntsh script fails to produce the libclntsh.so library on a machine running
ld > 2.11.

The "-z defs" is set in the variable LD_SELF_CONTAINED in the genclntsh script.
fix:

When receiving this error during installation, follow these steps:

  1. Open a new console window on the host as the installation user.
  2. Set up the Oracle environment (i.e. ORACLE_HOME).
  3. Make a backup of the $ORACLE_HOME/genclntsh script.
  4. Remove the ${LD_SELF_CONTAINED} flag from the ld command in the 'Create Library' section.
  5. Run the genclntsh script.
  6. Click on 'Retry' in the Universal Installer

The installation will now proceed.

This should be fixed in 9.0.2
.