Re: Performance problem Linux vs. Solaris

From: Eric Levinson <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 00:21:20 GMT

I'm not sure resource costs alone will determine how performance runs, especially on two different platforms.

I have had queries on the same machine have hugely different resource costs, the one with the higher cost finishes first.

I'd stongly suggest you don't just go by an explain plan and actually let queries run to their completion with a method of timing involved.

oracle at levinsong dot com