Re: create table X(...) => insert into obj$ values (... 'X',...)

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 07:54:57 +1000

It's a good quesion.

How long did it take to create the Universe, when time didn't exist until the Universe was created. Something like that anyway.

Anyway: the point is to go to $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/bsq.sql and have a thorough read. It's this script that creates all the OBJ$, UET$, FET$ segments; it also creates all the v$ views. When you can recite sql.bsq in your sleep you will know (a) you have been doing Oracle too long (b) you are a deeply disturbed person and (c) you have the makings of a DBA.

Regards