Re: MTS

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 23:06:14 +0200

"Alain" <alainthiery_at_vnumail.com> wrote in message news:3cf3ec5b$0$247$626a54ce_at_news.free.fr...
> I dont understand where to configure MTS, in the database, in the
> listener.ora, tnsnames.ora
> and how to verify that a base support Multithread
>
> ALAIN

Assuming 8i (why do people always assume we *know* their version), the mts_dispatchers parameter in init.ora, database needs to be bounced after changing, listener needs also to be bounced. lsnrctl services will show multiple dispatchers when the database is using MTS. Assuming you set a fixed port in mts_dispatchers and you use that port in tnsnames.ora you don't have to change anything. I would however add an extra definition with server=dedicated. This can easily be done using the net8 configuration assistant.
Obviously, this is a documented issue and separate bulletins are available on Metalink on how to set it up.

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA