Re: How To Improve Connection Times?

From: Khalid Eidoo <someone_at_rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 15:21:05 -0400

Removing the Oracle Names entry didn't seem to affect the performance of connection creation. However, now that the SGA is much smaller, things seem to zip along quite quickly. Transactions are very quick (although we aren't doing an OLTP application), and connections only take a second or two to establish.

Khalid.
"Khalid Eidoo" <someone_at_rogers.com> wrote in message news:eXCI8.107189$ah_.8711_at_news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
> Well, I do have an entry for Oracle Names in my sqlnet.ora file. I will
> remove it and give it a go.
>
> Thanks,
>
> khalid.
>
> "Mladen Gogala" <mgogala_at_adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 26 May 2002 10:53:24 -0400, Khalid Eidoo wrote:
> >
> > > The machines all sit together on a segmented 100Mb switch.
Consequently,