Re: Has anybody installed 9iDB or 9iAs Release 2 on RH7.2?

From: Khalid Eidoo <someone_at_rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 15:16:34 -0400

I believe this is a Linux/Oracle9i bug going back to version 9.0.1. On our Redhat 7.2 machine, DBCA always fails while trying to create a database other than the default general purpose database. Creating the another DB using scripts is not an issue, which leads me to believe that DBCA is at fault. We are using Oracle9i 9.0.1 on Red Hat 7.2, and it runs great. Again, the only problem is that we can't use DBCA to create a custom database, only scripts.

Khalid.