Re: Has anybody installed 9iDB or 9iAs Release 2 on RH7.2?

From: Henry Kam <kam1_at_whwpe.lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 18:38:06 GMT

Thanks for your Info...

Since 9iDB Release 2 and 9iAs Release 2 were recently released and were not mentioned any certification on RH, I was hoping someone had tried and shared his/her experience for installing 9i Release 2.

My system is RH7.2 Kernel 2.4.7-10 binutils 2.11.90.0.8-9

                       768M RAM 5G free space 1.2G swap.

When I installed 9iDB Release 2 on RH7.2(after setting kernel parameters as shown on the installation doc), I got error ORA-03113 from "dbca" after generating default database files....

     I worked around this problem by
         creating NEW DATABASE from scripts saved by dbca,
         editing listener.ora/tnsnames.ora accordingly,
         bounced the database,
         executed Agent Configuration Assistant,
                        HTTP configuration,
                        oemctl
     now 9iDB Release 2/HTTP/OEM are up...

As for 9iAS Release 2 on RH7.2, I will try again to see whether the problem of relinking can be overcome...

Thanks again...