Re: Data warehouse hardware

From: M. Brooks <craywa_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 May 2002 10:22:28 -0700

Thanks for the replies to date. As the responders have noted, my original post needed more information. Sorry about that. Here are the details.

Our current environment:

OS -> Solaris, AIX, W2K
STORAGE -> IBM Shark, EMC
DBMS -> Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase

We are looking at hardware / database options for a data warehouse with an initial load size of 3 - 5TB growing to 70TB.

I would appreciate any recommendations for server and storage hardware and database.

Thanks.

MB Received on Tue May 28 2002 - 12:22:28 CDT