Re: create table X(...) => insert into obj$ values (... 'X',...)

From: Marcel Kraupp <marcel.kraupp_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 28 May 2002 06:47:48 -0700

> Why in the world would you worry so much about the x$, v$ and X$ tables when
> Oracle Corp. explicitly discourages everybody from dealing with these
> objects directly?
>
> Roel

Exactly for the same reason that a child worries so much about a) painting on walls, b) touching boiling water, c) eating salad befor going to bed, d) anything else that is not specifally forbidden and needs the profound ability of a child's imagination although the parents explicitlely discourage the chld from dealing with these issues: because these views are there, because I want to discover, even more because I am discouraged to discover, and because I expected an answer like yours.

MK Received on Tue May 28 2002 - 08:47:48 CDT