Nested table syntax question

From: Kurt Laugesen <kula_at_int.tele.dk>
Date: 28 May 2002 05:39:33 -0700

I have a TYPE called ADDRESS_GENERAL_T and and: create type ADDRESS_TABLE_T as table of ADDRESS_GENERAL_T
/

given this:
create table legal (

ID                    NUMBER(9) not null
,PUBLIC_ID            VARCHAR2(12) not null
,ADDRESS              ADDRESS_TABLE_T) tablespace ltab
nested table address store as address_tab2
/

an index with a name like SYS_C005642 is created over a column called SYS_NC0000300004$ in table legal - the index is placed in tablespace ltab.

If I use two steps:
create table legal (

ID                    NUMBER(9) not null
) tablespace ltab;

alter table legal add (

PUBLIC_ID            VARCHAR2(12) not null
,ADDRESS              ADDRESS_TABLE_T)

nested table address store as address_tab2
/

a similar index is created, but this time in the default tablespace, which happens to be USERS. The storage table address_tab2 is correctly placed i ltab.

The question is now:
Is there a syntax that permits me to:
1: give the index a name after my liking 2: (more important) place it in a tablespace where I want it?

I have been browsing through all sorts of manuals, but haven't found it.

TIA
Kurt Laugesen Received on Tue May 28 2002 - 07:39:33 CDT