ORA-00600 and bitmaps?

From: MT <mtechera_at_wpmc.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:08:47 +0100

Hello Everyone:

I have a query that when executed gives me an ORA-00600. The query involves joining over several tables (that is why I don't want to list everything here).

In fact, I get the ORA-00600 even when I try to generate a plan for the query.

When I change some of the indexes on the join columns from bitmaps to B*-trees the error goes away.

The problem then is that other queries then suffer in substatially in terms of performance as a result.

I am using 8.1.7.0 on Win2K and the CBO.

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone?

Regards,
Mario Received on Tue May 28 2002 - 08:08:47 CDT