Re: create table X(...) => insert into obj$ values (... 'X',...)

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 19:03:50 +1000

In article <3cf3318b$1_2_at_news5.nntpserver.com>, you said (and I quote):
> Why in the world would you worry so much about the x$, v$ and X$ tables when
> Oracle Corp. explicitly discourages everybody from dealing with these
> objects directly?

Not exactly. They specifically say that if you use these tables directly in your applications, then you are exposed to version compatibility issues and portabiliuty across versions of Oracle. That is not the same as saying that use of these is discouraged. Or else 100% of the performance tuning products in the market would be breaking this rule?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto