Low ADODB Connexion Response Time ...

From: Stéphane ROMANET <sromanet53_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 10:25:46 +0200

Hello Everybody,

In my company, 2 different types of PCs ( stations )are set up, some are under Win98 and some others under 2000 professional. There are 2 types of Oracle Servers => 1 under Linux RedHat 6.1 and the other is Win 2000 Server.

Win 2000 : No problems : Connexions to Win2000Server Oracle DB or Linux Oracle DB are done quickly.
Win98 : When I connect to the linux Oracle DB, it is fast, no problem. But when I want to connect to the Win2000 Server Oracle DB, then it is long ... sometimes even timed out ...

Of course, ODBC Drivers version are the same ( 8 01 07 00 ).

The major issue is that we have an ASP Application that uses the Win98 station to generate Web Page and for every page, a new connection is open ... and so, the response time are becoming not acceptable ...

If anyone has already encountered this type of issue, so then please let me know what was the solution ... Or if anyone has any idea on the reason of this problem, so then please let me know as well ...

Regards,

Stéphane
Oracle DBA Received on Tue May 28 2002 - 03:25:46 CDT