Oracle 9i Portal 3.0 Configuration Assistant

From: Tim Smith <timasmith_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 May 2002 13:54:13 -0700

Hi,

   I have just installed an Oracle 9.0.1 database and now the application server. When I run the Oracle 9i Portal 3.0 Configuration Assistant it prompts for the sys password and a database connection. I entered:

 <mypassword>
 myhost:1521:mysid1

I can confirm the above information because I CAN do the following:  sqlplus app/pass_at_mysid1
>connect sys/<mypassword> as sysdba;

Despite this I get the message:

could not connect

1) Make sure db is running
2) Ensure pass/connect is valid
3) specify hostname:port:sid
4) TNS names alias is not allowed

I have removed mysid1 from the TNS alias just to validate 4) but it makes no difference.

If anyone can offer help then that would be awesome.

thanks

Tim Received on Mon May 27 2002 - 15:54:13 CDT