CTAS versus INSERT

From: Carlos Alberto <calberto2312_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 May 2002 11:16:52 -0700

Hi,

   I want to load a large volume of data into a table. I was wondering what would be better : use CREATE TABLE AS SELECT, or create the table empty and then make INSERT. Both of options would use the NOLOGGING clause. I wonder CTAS would be faster, because in this case (almost) no log would be generated, instead of INSERT, which always generates log. Is it right?

Thanks in advanced,
Carlos Received on Mon May 27 2002 - 13:16:52 CDT