Re: NEW Oracle tool for maintaining storage and Reorg.

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 27 May 2002 03:37:46 -0700

lauferb_at_adit-tec.com (Boaz Laufer) wrote in message news:<1bacd337.0205240438.2a8705fe_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello
>
> I want to tell you about a new professional tool called 'Space Tuner'
> that is made for Oracle DBA's.
> The tool is a smart tool for managing storage for Oracle Databases.
>
> It creates a visual map of the Tablespaces and allows to mark Tables /
> Indexes and define operations to perform on them for example:
> * Move to Another Tablespace.
> * Reorg.
> * Change the Storage parameters.
> It's also possible to estimate the size of the database objects and
> then perform the Reorg based on the estimated size of the objects.
> The tool creates a SQL script to perform the operations and it's
> possible to run it with the program or schedule it for later.

Maybe this software is great and very useful. However I'm too lazy to fill so many required information about me, not mentioning that I wouldn't give my phone number to some unknown web site. :-( Good try, but I think that you have to fill your SPAM/direct marketing database elsewhere.

with regards

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.