Re: Data warehouse hardware

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 27 May 2002 02:48:44 -0700

craywa_at_yahoo.com (M. Brooks) wrote in message news:<527c8b44.0205241408.70749d50_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> We are looking at options for hardware for our data warehouse. We are
> projecting the warehouse to be about 5TB after the initial load and
> grow to around 70TB when fully implemented. At this stage I am
> interested in hearing what hardware platforms other folks are using
> for their data warehouses to help us focus our search.

It is very difficult to answer without more information. However as a general rule, use a comercial Unix (preferably that one that you already using in your company), and EMC storage, because 70TB will need a lot of file system performance.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.