A conflict between 806 and 817 ?

From: mario libraro <m.libraro_at_fulltrading.it>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 08:21:42 GMT

Hi to all,

I just installed Ora 8.1.7 personal on a win2000 pro workstation over a previous 8.0.6 (BUT ONLY CLIENT) installation. Just after install, the server started correctly and worked fine.. But.. after the first reboot the server hasn't started and got me the error "ORACLE not available - shared memory realm not found". Now every time I reboot I must enter svrmgrl and must type "connect internal - startup".
I tryed to set the global environment variable ORA_HOME, and still doesn't works...
If I manually stop OracleServiceSID from control panel / services the server really stops (Oracle not available) but it does not restart until i go to SVRMGRL...
What's gone wrong?

--
Mario Libraro