Re: Oracle on Unix vs Oracle on win nt

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 27 May 2002 00:56:47 -0700

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<uf1m2jlj87oid4_at_corp.supernews.com>...
> Administrators on NT (if the shop has an administrator at all) are usually
> handicapped because they *only* know how to use the GUI. You will find Unix
> administrators are usually more technically proficient. Thus, you will find
> less sites on Unix running Oracle, which basically look like a bomb fell on
> the system.

That isn't outcome of GUI. That's because of Microsoft's "our network operating systems are so good and easy to use, so EVERYONE can maintain them".
Same with MS SQL. Why should company pay a lot of money to skilled technical staff, when using OS that EVERYONE can administer ? So they just use for this job first guy who came near and didn't want a big bucks.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.