Re: Application Server crashes

From: Jim Fleck <Jim.Fleck_at_wanadoo.nl>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 22:07:06 +0200

Hi Yong,

Thanks for your input. I may try it. However I do think you shouldn't have to search Metalink for a solution. Oracle should deliver install procedures which work.

I am trying to make a fairly high level comparison between the IBM java family products and the Oracle java family products:

IBM:

-Websphere
- DB2
- Visual age for Java

Oracle:

- Oracle Application Server
- Oracle database
- Jdeveloper

While I think that if you can get them up and running, the Oracle products are probably better, the Oracle install procedures are not good. The IBM products are basically plug and play. The Oracle products are plug and pray and without a lot of patience your prayers go unanswered.

Thanks again for your help.

Kindest regards,

Jim Fleck.