Installing Oracle

From: AirTaz <AirTaz_at_MindSpring.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 22:34:19 -0700

Trying to install Oracle Server 9i on an XP Home (Celeron) machine, I get the following message:
"The Java RunTime Environment was not found at C:\Document and
Setting\...... etc"
"...Please install JRE Version 1.1.7 or higher and try again"

I installed the 1.4 SDK from Sun and used the default which installs at C:\j2sdk1.4.0\....

I had to manually enter the PATH to the binaries, but the SDK works fine for both console and applets.

I appreciate any insight into this that anyone can provide. Server 9i is made up of the 3 zip files from OTN.

TIA. js Received on Sun May 26 2002 - 00:34:19 CDT