Re: Data warehouse hardware

From: James Williams <willjamu_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 15:28:28 GMT

On 24 May 2002 15:08:13 -0700, craywa_at_yahoo.com (M. Brooks) wrote:

Processor speed is important but don't forget about the disk performance. And OS and Hardware that supports a list 1m max io size along with generous strip widths and strip sets.

What is your OS of choice? Fors instance if you are Sun you should be at Solaris 2.8 which eliminates the UNIX Write File lock. Also having Veritas or some LVM to work with your HVM works well.

Key will be your design. If you have a bad design the baddest hardware in the land won't save you.