Re: HPUX and Oracle Server migration

From: Eve Hoellwarth <hoellwarth-e_at_gmx.at>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 13:10:01 GMT

(xo55ox) wrote

>I just got a new HPUX-11i 64bit server. I need to migrate all my
>8.1.7.0.0 32bit databases from my existing HPUX-11.0 32bit server to
>the new 64bit server. How do I go about it? What is the best and/or
>fastest way (besides using the export/import utility) to migrate the
>32bit databases to the 64bit databases across different OS version?
>Can 8.1.7 32bit work with HPUX-11i 64bit?

All you need to do is defined in the migration documentation, available on technet or inside the installation documentation for your 8.1.7 release and on many other places also. Install oracle 8.1.7 64 bit on your new host, shut down and take a cold backup from your existing db and copy it to the new location. Run the script necessary to change the wordsize (description in the documentation) and patch your 8.1.7 db to 8.1.7.3 or 8.1.7.4 when available

kind regards
Eve Received on Sat May 25 2002 - 08:10:01 CDT