Re: Problem in creating Standby Database using DataGuard Manager

From: David Simpson <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 23:07:42 GMT

Wilson,

You may want to take a look at the Installgen product at my website. In a few seconds it creates all of the scripts required to setup a standby database in minutes, not hours. Copying of backup and configuration files is automated, along with the creation of a Windows service for starting the database in managed recovery mode when the server starts up.

Or you may choose to browse the individual output files via the web: http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/installgen_files_win90 1.html

You may download a demo version of Installgen so that you may conveniently look at or modify the scripts on your own computer: http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/downloads/demo_software/index.html

David Simpson