Re: Important information regarding your usenet service

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_NOSPAM_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 22:07:05 GMT

How does this affect AT&T WorldNet Customers?

Having been a manager for AT&T for over 7 years, I would be curious as to know.

This message is so obscure it is unclear whom it affects and what actions need be taken.

Your prompt and accurate reply to this newsgroup in which you presented this message would be greatly appreciated by those few AT&T customers left.

Warmest Regards,
RSH.
<customer.support_at_broadband.att.com> wrote in message news:KNwH8.9079$uh4.226_at_typhoon.mw.ipsvc.net...
> On June 6th, 2002 AT&T Broadband will restructure the configuration of the
> servers, which provide access to Usenet newsgroups.
>
> As a result, you will need to update your newsgroup settings. If you fail
> update your settings will be unable to download new messages, post new
messages
> or post replies to existing messages to newsgroups.
>

> For Outlook Express Users:
>
> First, Remove (Rename) Existing Account (you must do this first):
>
> 1. Open Outlook Express.
> 2. If your folder list is not automatically displayed, select the VIEW
> menu, then click LAYOUT. Click FOLDER LIST, then OK.
> 3. Click the netnews.attbi.com folder to create a list of newsgroups to
> which you currently subscribe.
> 4. Select the TOOLS menu, then ACCOUNTS, then the NEWS tab.
> 5. Select netnews.attbi.com and click REMOVE. Click YES to confirm.
>
> Then, Create a new news account:
>
> 1. Open Outlook Express.
> 2. Select the TOOLS menu, then ACCOUNTS. Click ADD, then NEWS.
> 3. Type your name as you would like it to appear and click NEXT.
> 4. Type your e-mail address in the format username_at_attbi.com, then click
> NEXT.
> 5. Type netnews.attbi.com in the news server field, click NEXT, then
> FINISH.
> 6. Click CLOSE.
> 7. A prompt to download your list of newsgroups will be displayed. Click
> YES.
> 8. Choose the newsgroups to which you would like to subscribe and click
> SUBSCRIBE.
>

> Additional information on subscribing to newsgroups is available on the
AT&T

https://help.broadband.att.com/faq.jsp?content_id=1731&category_id=68#config ure