Re: Help with Win 2000 SGA and Performance Tuning

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:04:27 +0200

=-----

 I am pretty sure that the datafiles being on Raid 5 is not
> the bottleneck in this case

What makes you say this? Did you actually run perfmon to monitor the diskqueue length?
Also does the RAID-5 array include the pagefile. I'm pretty sure redologging needs to be tuned, people with VB-Sqlserver expertise always ignore that?

Also, you need to check whether the server service (in the network applet in control panel) has been set to optimize for network applications.

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA