Re: real time app. on Oracle

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 May 2002 07:25:47 -0700

Hi, Hongying,

I've read all messages in this thread. I think the only way to achieve your goal exactly is to write your own program that runs periodically, say every 10 seconds. First you define priorities in a table, maybe based on schemaname, or osuser, as in v$session. Your program checks v$sessstat for all sessions for "CPU used by this session" and kills those exceeding the assigned limit so they roll back. This is easy. It's a little harder to achieve your first goal. You keep checking v$lock and v$session_wait. If a higher priority session is waiting for enqueue which is showned by a lower priority session, kill the latter session.

That's a project. Once you're done, you may set up a web site for people to download your code.

Yong Huang