Re: Replication fail

From: Patrice Castet <patrice.castet_at_in-fusio.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:03:39 +0200

usually it means than your sites are not correctly synchronized, so you need to figure out where it is fine, and dump the datas to resynchronize the bad site(s) with this dump file.

If your datas are too big, you can also copy all your datas through the defined DB links between your sites (much quicker than exp/emp !).

Beware to stop the replicaiton before doing any of this !

If you feel at ease with replication packages, you can also use them to correct your datas.

Use the replication manager module from DBA*Studio (either 8i or 9i version) to see your transactions in error in "replication administration" section.

You can also use that query with REPADMIN user on faultly sites to see transactions in error :

SELECT e.destination, e.deferred_tran_id, e.origin_tran_db, e.origin_tran_id,

         e.start_time, COUNT (e.callno)
    FROM sys.deferror e, sys.defcall c

   WHERE e.deferred_tran_id = c.deferred_tran_id
GROUP BY e.destination,
         e.deferred_tran_id,
         e.origin_tran_db,
         e.origin_tran_id,