Re: Error in invoking target install of makefile ...

From: Cecil D'Souza <cecildsouza_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:24:41 GMT

"James B" <james_c_ball_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:da6afe8d.0205240208.2966ca4c_at_posting.google.com...
> I've had this on Solaris, I think it is a problem with installing a
> second Oracle home in the same Inventory.
>
> I find the best way to work is to use a separate inventory for each
> Oracle Home. If you rename /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc to another name
> (/var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc.SID) then re-install the new Oracle Home
> you shouldn't get this error.
>
> Give me a shout if this isn't clear

> > YOu have noted that you found the answer and that Oracle has a patch for
> > it. Can you share more information on this issue with us.

James,

I am afraid that your answer is not quite convincing to me because I had no other Oracle Home on my system except the one that I created for the install. I understand that this error is due to an incompatibility with the C libraries that were used when Oracle 8.1.6 s/w was created AND the OS libraries of Solaris 2.6. When I installed the same Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris 8 , it went through perfectly. Unfortunately, I cannot install my Oracle application because it requires Solaris 2.6 and not Solaris 8.

I am looking for the work around related to this issue as this is a known problem with Oracle 8i on LINUX/SUSE of earlier releases.

Cecil Received on Fri May 24 2002 - 05:24:41 CDT