Re: Disk I/O Load Balancing

From: James B <james_c_ball_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 May 2002 03:16:03 -0700

Wells,

You can just move some datafiles to the second disk. Convention is to keep data and indexes separate, then slowly refine over time to separate disk activity (keep datafiles effected by batch away from those used OLTP etc...).

As with most tuning issues it is a case of gathering information about the database and trying things one at a time. Plenty of good books on the subject :)