Pro*C sqlstm vs lint

From: Domenico Vasile <domenico_vasile_at_libero.it>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 08:29:32 +0200

When I run lint over a precompiled C program I get a warning about a not used static identifier 'sqlstm'. At the beginning of foo.c there is always a 'static struct sql sqlexd' declaration followed by the unused sqlstm definition. Is it really unused? It seems to be in my code. What am I missing?
Is there an easy (still no messy) way to avoid this very annoying problem? Consider that for every "true" SQL statement I get the warning: "sqlstm redefinition hides earlier one".

By the way, how can I force proc to skip the definition of IAPSUCC, IAPFAIL and IAPFTL (yet unused) identifiers?

I'm on HP-UX 11.0, Oracle 8.0.6, Pro*C/C++: Release 8.0.6.3.0. TIA
--Domenico Received on Fri May 24 2002 - 01:29:32 CDT