Need advice - Oracle 8.1.6 and Solaris 2.6

From: Cecil D'Souza <cecildsouza_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 20:20:39 GMT

Hi Guys,

I need to install Oracle 8.1.6 Rel 2 on Solaris 2.6. When I attempted that, I get makefile errors and hence it turns out unsuccessfully. I then installed Solaris 8 and all went well. But now I have a problem, my object to install Oracle Clinical has stalled because it was meant to run with Solaris 2.6 and I am not able to install Oracle Clinical.

It fails the installation at the start with java.io.ioexception errors and java.lang.nulpointer exception errors and comes out.

I have no access to Metalink and hence I would like to know how I could overcome these makefiule errors in order to install Oracle 8.1.6 successfully on Solaris 2.6 assuming that I reinstall Solaris 2.6 on my system.

Any help or direction or guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks

Cecil Received on Thu May 23 2002 - 15:20:39 CDT