How do I find out what the insert rate is using a simple query statement?

From: Chin-Sim Kang <chin-sim.kang_at_hp.com>
Date: 23 May 2002 12:31:55 -0700

Hi,

We are using Oracle 9.0.1 on Tru64 Unix 5.1 and running tests on our ODS. We
have a test driver that does a large number of inserts in batches of 100
inserts at a time. The insert statement is only parsed once for each user.
How do I find out what the insert rate is? Would it be captured in one of the
v$ tables?

The idea is to create a custom chart in the Performance Manager so that a
graphical representation of the insert rate can be displayed while the test is
running. There is a chart in the Performance Manager that is labeled inserts.
However, I found out that it gets it's data from the v$session table which
counts the number of times the statment is parsed, in this case, once.  Hence, it is of no use to us for our particular situation.

I would appreciate any help in trying to find out the insert rate using a
simple SQL statement. Thanks in advance.

Chin-Sim Received on Thu May 23 2002 - 14:31:55 CDT