Re: Help: sending email in pl/sql

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:58:40 GMT

Check metalink.

U forgot to run one of the Java scripts.

Problem Description

When attempting to run the packages UTL_SMTP, and UTL_TCP, an error is

returned indicating that the class oracle/plsql/net/TCPConnection does

not exist. This class, along with others that support SQLJ functionality,
should normally be loaded when the "initjvm.sql" script is run. However,
that script has already been run successfully, to completion.

ORA-29540: class oracle/plsql/net/TCPConnection does not exist

Solution Description

The initjvm.sql script (located in the ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install directory)
is run automatically during normal installation of the database, except
during custom installation. In any event, the script can be run manually
(as SYS) at a later time. When this script is run, approximately 8000+ java
classes are loaded into the database.

Unfortunately, there is another script, initplsj.sql (located in ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin) which is supposed to be called by the initjvm.sql
script. This does not occur. To fix the problem, run the initplsj.sql
script (as SYS). You will note that 200+ classes get loaded into the database as a result of this script. This should then allow you to use the
UTL_SMTP and UTL_TCP packages.

On Thu, 23 May 2002 17:52:03 +0800, "Ky" <keys_at_hongkong.com> wrote:

>We are using 8.1.7 with Jserver options, after I have created the necessary
>packages
>using the sample scripts from oracle otn, I try to send a email from within
>pl/sql block
>and obtain the following error:
>
>Begin
>*
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-29540: class oracle/plsql/net/TCPConnection does not exist
>ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_TCP", line 537
>ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_TCP", line 199
>ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 99
>ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 121
>ORA-06512: at "ONRPROD.DEMO_MAIL", line 222
>ORA-06512: at "ONRPROD.DEMO_MAIL", line 99
>ORA-06512: at "ONRPROD.DEMO_MAIL", line 86
>ORA-06512: at line 2
>
>could someone pls advise what could possibly go wrong, is there
>any setting or step I have missed ??
>
>thx for the help

We use Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu May 23 2002 - 10:58:40 CDT