Re: Impossible to download of Oracle9iR2 for Linux

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 22:42:25 -0400

On Wed, 22 May 2002 17:34:57 -0400, Daniel Morgan wrote:

> I don't understand the attitude

Now that you mentioned it, it may be a result of loosing several hours trying to download it without a result and then being told to buy the CDs. I wanted to try it during the Memorial Day weekend but at this stage it doesn't seem likely.

> but that is your concern. If you wait 24-48 hours everything will likely
> be just fine.

And if not, I should probably wait until 4th of July or the Labor Day weekend. You must be an embodiment of patience itself. May the force be with you.

> How you can get upset about something that is being given to you as a
> courtesy is beyond my limited capacity to comprehend.

Because it's not given. If they say it's not available for download, I'm OK with it, but if they say it's available, then it should be available and I shouldn't have to waste my time trying to do something that I cannot do. If I enter 4 hours of mine into equation, it's no longer such a courtesy. Hopefully, this clarification should suffice. In addition to that, I do not particularly like being reproached because of my attitude and I do not really appreciate people being sarcastic about my attitude without an apparent reason. Despite my known propensity for being sarcastic, I'll refrain from that because I have no quarrel with you whatsoever. The bottom line is that if they say it works, then it should work. If it doesn't then they shouldn't have prevented me from using restartable utilities. I do not consider wasting my time and messing up my schedule to be some special courtesy. You may or may not share my views, that is entirely up to you. Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 21:42:25 CDT