Re: Im stuck in a black hole!

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 22 May 2002 17:30:48 -0700

dyou98_at_aol.com (D.Y.) wrote in message news:<f369a0eb.0205220808.4b199dcb_at_posting.google.com>...

> I certainly don't know much about the scope of DBA responsiblities in other
> parts of the world. But in the area where I live and work, people started
> using terms such as Logical and Physical DBA. There are DBAs whose spend more
> than 50% of their time attending requirement meetings and creating ERDs.

Only recently, as you noted. This has been a problem for far too long. For example: nothing in the Oracle training for DBAs (is there one nowadays? Only seen OCP: that's NOT the same thing) prepares them for

database logical design.  Absolutely nothing.  Yet we see them all over the
place making decisions about database design.  For which they don't have the
slightest preparation.   And vicky the versa.

Cheers
Nuno Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 19:30:48 CDT