Re: Analyze problem?

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_NOSPAM_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 22:30:42 GMT

Daniel, you misspelled "Tarot" cards.

:)!!

Apart from that, are you calling this through a database link? That can be no end of problems and I have seen EOI on channel thereupon. many call to

DBMS_UTILITY.ANALYZE should be conducted on the native machine, and specifically have a SQL that makes SQL that does a "WHERE OWNER NOT IN ('SYS'. SYSTEM') and should not ever be initiated over a database link. That's where I've seen a lot of the end of pipe errors. And for that matter, lots of other end of pipe errors involving calls to remote procedures.

If you are targeting a specific schema in a specific instance, of course it's doubly important to examine the links and interconnections and to do it natively. And, for what it is worth, COMPUTE may end up serving yo better in your performance as opposed to ESTIMATE.

RSH/ "Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3CEC0250.A69B23D5_at_exesolutions.com...
> bgt0990 wrote:
>
> > I get a ORA--03113 End-of-File on communication error whenever I run
EXEC
> > dbms_utility.analyze_schema('schema_name', 'ESTMATE', NULL, 20);
> >
> > Anybody got a clue why this would only show up here? There is nothing
in
> > the Alert or any .trc file that indicates a problem?
> >
> > Barry
>
> What platform?
> What operating system?
> What version of Oracle?
> New installation or existing one with a new problem?
>
> Crystal balls and Taro cards are no longer available at c.d.o.server.
;-)