Re: 9i R2 on SuSE Linux 8.0

From: Manfred Hölzen <Manfred.Hoelzen_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 22:11:53 +0200

Hi Frank,

thanks for your answer. A copy of 9iR2 is under the way, I hope your mailbox is big enough to store 1.5 GB ;-)

To my problem:
Environment: Kernel 2.4.18, glibc 2.2.5

I don't think that it is a "glibc-link"-problem, cause the installation + linking of the database programs/files is successfull. My main problem occurs by using the "database configuration assistant" as described in my first posting. I've tried several ways (general database, new database etc) with different configurations but the problem still occurs.

Using 9iR1 there are no problems in the same environment. If other user have the same errors I hope (and expect) that there will be a patch, provided by Oracle, in near future. Otherwise I have to control my environment again :-(

Bye,

Manfred