9i R2 on SuSE Linux 8.0

From: Manfred Hölzen <Manfred.Hoelzen_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:05:28 +0200

Hi,

during the installation of Oracle Database 9.2.0 on SuSE Linux 8.0 I've got the following problems:

  1. the database creation (using "dbca" or Oracle Installer) does not proceed. Copying the *.dbf files is successfull but there is definetely no progress while "creating the clone database" (progress bar = 46 % for more than 3 hours. Yes, I'm very patience :-). There is no error message, the log file for the database creation is empty.
  2. installation of management server and client software (sometimes !) failed with "null-Statement in operating system command" (message translated on the fly from german, maybe different in original english version)

Has anyone the same problems ? Is there an oracle address to which I/we can report these problems ?

Thanks for help !

Bye ...

Manfred Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 12:05:28 CDT