Re: real time app. on Oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:52:18 GMT

hongying yin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know how the Oracle can support the real-time application.
> E.g, can Oracle set up the priorities for the processes, so that when
> the higher-priority process came to (modify the same record), the Oracle
> can roll-back the low-priority process and let the high priority process
> to operate first.
>
> Another issue is if it's possible that we can set the time-out in DB so
> that if the process takes too long time, Oracle can roll it back.
>
> Thnaks a lot in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Hongying Yin

I am not aware that it can do that. I am also not aware of ever having any need to wish that it did. And that includes work on enterprise wide applications in a company with 200,000 employees.

You have inquired about a feature (?) that would serve no real purpose.

What you can do, if you choose, is use a profile to limit the CPU and resources available to specific users.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 10:52:18 CDT