Re: Im stuck in a black hole!

From: godmann <allanwtham_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 May 2002 07:36:45 -0700

Funny thing is I see people who never know FD yet design ERDs. I always
question the designs by such people. No, DBAs do not do design. However, it's
very interesting to have a peek of some designs and I being DBA from ERDs background have to shake my head... Most of the times, people get away with
a bad design cuz normally a bad design only shows its ugliness after a while.
As data grows...the design will get more apparent.

  BCNF is not easy to reach. In industry, 3NF is good enough. 4NF or multi-value
NF is good in classroom only. I used to love this stuff..most of the times,
people do not abide in rules... it only takes a little leaven to leaven the
whole lump. A good project starts with good ERDs PERIOD

  Allan w. Tham
  Oracle DBA Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 09:36:45 CDT