Re: Improving the speed of forall ... insert with many columns

From: Sven C. Koehler <invalid_at_nospam.com>
Date: 22 May 2002 10:33:51 GMT

Hi!

Richard and Jonathan, thank you very much for dealing with my problem!

Richard: I executed the insertion using only PL/SQL as you described, and this took about 20s. So you are right: The network overhead is much more than I estimated.
Jonathan: Thanks for the hint to the v$% tables. However, I am working against a deadline and couldn't investigate as much as I wanted. So I cannot yet report about any success by using them.

All the best,

Sven C. Koehler Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 05:33:51 CDT