Re: Newbie's Oracle 9i impression: it sucks

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:36:18 +1000

In article <20020521141906.02455.00000098_at_mb-mu.aol.com>, you said (and I quote):
> Nuno, I thought you "officially" declared this thread to be over, so why are
> you continuing to respond? No matter.

I reply to whoever I want. I chose to not reply to you when you got personal and abusive. Can you cope with that simple fact, or is it too hard for you to comprehend?

> You assume too much about me. I do NOT believe MS SQL is a superior product. I
> just don't see as being an inferior product to Oracle. In fact, I am learning
> DB2 right now.

Good. Stick to whatever you want or like and keep your "comments" about other products to yourself.
I am not interested in them. It is ABUNDANTLY clear from this thread that a LOT of others share this opinion with me. Got it or is it again too complex for you to fathom?

> You Oracle folks should learn some humility about your own RDBMS. It is not as
> GREAT as you claim. And it is CLEAR to me why Oracle is losing marketshare. Its
> technology might be sophisticated, but it is VERY inelegant to say the least.

I don't think you or anybody else has the right to claim Oracle people should learn humility. That only shows the attitude behind your comments: nothing technical, all prejudice.

For your information, I and many others here share the opinion that MS people should learn some humility. Yet we don't go around claiming it in public or sticking it up the MS ngs. Because we feel it serves no purpose whatsoever. Once again, can you understand the difference in attitudes? Or do you need a GUI to have it explained?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto