Re: Newbie's Oracle 9i impression: it sucks

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:27:12 +1000

In article <uznytqpd1.fsf_at_grossprofit.com>, you said (and I quote):
> On Tue, 21 May 2002, n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk wrote:
>
> > I don't think that is entirely fair. Hang out in
> > microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming for a while. You'll see
> > plenty of talented ,reasonable professionals.
>
> This is completely true. All of the MS groups that I have
> visited are very professional and helpful.
>
> Those that would venture here for a fight, well, come here to
> fight.

Actually, come to think of it: I don't think the reasonable people in those other ngs come here shooting their mouths off. It's the "joe"s of this world that do this, unfortunately. There are many from other ngs here who are very reasonable contributors and lurkers, Serge comes to mind. So do some of us lurk in other ngs, me and Daniel being the obvious ones. Nothing wrong with that provided we don't start threads with "it sux" and other brilliant "technical" comments.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto