Re: Creating Users

From: George Barbour <gbarbour_at_csc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:28:24 +0100

> I really sorry ... really really sorry ... I don't want to start this
again but
> above you wrote:
>
> "with separate tablespaces to store the related indices that should be on
> separated areas of storages"
>
> Didn't we just stick a knife in this one?
>
> Daniel Morgan

System: Sun Unix
Version: 8.1.7, 9.0.1.
With all respect and all that.
Now I may be wrong here, but all the previous thread, on this subject, did, was;
sort of semi-agree that having Data and Indexes in the same area was not detrimental to "performance" when reading data. It's still a good idea to maintain data and indexes for ease of management, and this is the big one,........index maintenance and creation, as index creation "performance" is significant on giga systems.

(Not wanting a flame war here, just a gentle correction if you think it's needed).
I will be testing our system, when time permits, against some of the Oracle myths discussed previously, there a lot of Oracle mind-set re-arranging going on over here.

George Barbour. Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 03:28:24 CDT