Startup problems - cannot specify SID for svrmgr30

From: Harald Buesching <harald.buesching.hb_at_germany.agfa.com>
Date: 22 May 2002 00:52:57 -0700

Hello!

We are using NT with 8.0.5.2.6.
We have several instances on one server and I tried using ORADIM80 to change a
Oracle_SID. The goal was to exchange to SIDs, but I made a test on one Instance before. I was advised by nice people from this newsgroup.

After renaming no startup with oradim80 was possible.

(Error message in oradim80.log said nothing specific)

Then, as proposed here in some postings, I did:
->Dos-Box

Set ORACLE_SID = DWH2
svrmgr30
connect internal

Sadly I was connected to the SID ORCL.
I read something about SET LOCAL:2=DWH2

                    or SET LOCAL=:2DWH2

But I don't understand nothing.
Maybe the spaces Set 'Oracle_SID = DWH2' are fatal, don't remember, if i really used them.
What I do know that there was no variable ORACLE_SID at the beginning in the DOS-Box.

Any help is welcome,
Greetings Harald. Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 02:52:57 CDT