Re: 8.1.7 configuration question (Openvms)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 18:35:59 +0200

On 21 May 2002 15:18:20 GMT, Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_accms33.physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

>Could someone point me to the commands that are required to assign a default
>tablespace to a certain user under openVMS (Oracle 8.1.7)?
>
>A customer created a DB and when I filled it from an NT client over the
>network, everything went into the system tablespace making it overflow.
>
>Does ALTER USER xxx DEFAULT TABLESPACE yyy TEMPORARY TABLESPACE zzz
>suffice? How and where do I define initial sizes?

Yes.
What do you mean by initial sizes?
The usual admonition (but especially looking at the kind of questions you have been posting over more than a year) not to consider this group as a replacement of reading the manual applies.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 11:35:59 CDT