Array inserts using ADO/OLE DB provider

From: Paul Moore <gustav_at_morpheus.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 18:03:46 +0200

I've got a program to write which will do a fairly large bulk insert of data into a table. The program is probably going to be written using ADO and the Oracle OLE DB provider.

In order to get the best performance I can, I was hoping to use array processing to speed up the inserts (along with APPEND hints, and any other tricks I can think of :-)) I looked through the ADO documentation for some indication of how I could use array inserts, but I couldn't find anything. I'm not sure whether this is because it isn't possible, or simply because I am missing something which is described using slightly different terminology.

Can anybody tell me how (or if) it is possible to use array inserts with ADO?

Thanks,
Paul.

PS Sadly, searching on "array" and "insert" tends not to be as helpful as you'd hope... Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 11:03:46 CDT