Re: Oracle 9i Server Freeze's

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 21 May 2002 05:23:13 -0700

In article <9da94cd1.0205202033.45f3a40b_at_posting.google.com>, nick_wakefield_at_hotmail.com says...

>Hi,
>
>I normally run oracle on unix but for development we are trying 9i on
>NT, however it appears to freeze temporarily for a few seconds under
>minimal load, anyone suffered similar problems and if so any ideas on
>how to stop it from doing this.
>
>I tried many different memory settings but to no avail.

What do you mean it freezes for a few seconds? I haven't seen any problems with it like that, even on my poor old laptop with 256 Mb of memory. Are you attempting to run a particular SQL statement when you see this freeze? I'm not sure that I'd even call a few seconds a freeze anyway, but it may just be the time it's taking to process your request. If you're not doing anything, how are you determining that there's a freeze? Also, have you looked at the alert log and such places to see if there are any problems with your configuration (like waiting for log switches to complete yaddah yaddah yaddah)?

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 07:23:13 CDT