oracle DB with Iplanet directory server

From: Dave Zhu <czhu_at_iname.com>
Date: 20 May 2002 22:01:08 -0700

Hi everyone,

I have a question, hope someone here can help me sort it out. I have been tasked to find out if Oracle 8i db server can use Iplanet directory server for authentication. I know Oracle supports Active Directory from MS, and OID from Oracle itself, but could not find a way to put these two together. Has anyone here done this kind of implementation, or had any thought why these two shouldn't (or couldn't) be tied? All I understand is that Oracle supports LDAPv3 and Iplanet implements LDAPv3, it seems to me that there should be a way to make them talk to each other, right?

Any input will be greatly appreciated,

Dave Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 00:01:08 CDT